Admiral A | Ausstattungsvarianten, äußeres Erscheinungsbild

Beiträge zum Thema "Historische Opel-Fahrzeuge"
Forumsregeln
Hier finden sich Beiträge zu Modellen von Opel, die nicht mehr im aktuellen Programm angeboten werden.
Antworten
Alex
Administrator
antispam: 0
Admiral A | Ausstattungsvarianten, äußeres Erscheinungsbild

Beitrag von Alex » Mo 26. Dez 2016, 21:07

ursprünglich von Opelmeister aus einem anderen Thread:

"[...] Speaking about the Admirals, I am looking for some help with the Opel Admiral A exterior options.
Specifically, I’d like to know if the following combination is correct: metallic body paint, vinyl roof, Opel emblem on the grill, Admiral emblems on the front wing panels and on the tailgate, rubbing strips below the doors and around the wheel arcs, but no stripes on the sides, no 2800 emblem on the tailgate.
In other words, was the Admiral A 1967 facelift offered with a vinyl roof, but without chrome stripes on the sides and with older engine (no V8, or two carburetor HL version of 2800, but the original straight six CIH)?
Thank you in advance!
Maybe there is a resource to see all the variants offered during the lifetime of the car?
"
Meine Modellautosammlung: hahlmodelle.de
der Sponsor für das OMF: double-A-design | Werbung seit 1986

Auto-Claus

Re: Admiral A | Ausstattungsvarianten, äußeres Erscheinungsbild

Beitrag von Auto-Claus » Mo 26. Dez 2016, 21:36

Admiral A Facelift 1967 - the Facelift of the 1967 model in 1966, or the facelift of the 1968 model in 1967?

The CIH allways is the 2,8l straight six, the former 2,6l engine was an OHV engine....

Opelmeister
antispam: 4

Beitrag von Opelmeister » Mo 26. Dez 2016, 22:21

Auto-Claus hat geschrieben:the Facelift of the 1967 model in 1966, or the facelift of the 1968 model in 1967?
I am sorry, I have conscientiously re-read this phrase several times, but still see no sense in it.
The 1967 facelift -- when the Admiral emblems have appeared on the wings, and the strips below the doors have appeared.

Yes, the CIH is the 2,8l straight six. But I used to think the sign of the newer version was the 2800 emblem on the tailgate.

Please take a look at at the picture. I am not sure the exterior on the top is authentic, but suppose it is since it is the real car photo. The question: is the bottom photo still correct? Was this combination of the elements possible, or say, vinyl was available only along with the side stripes or something like that?

Best wishes, George
Dateianhänge
800-2.jpg

Auto-Claus

Beitrag von Auto-Claus » Di 27. Dez 2016, 00:53

There was no facelift, only a lot of modifications over the Years, that is, why I asked...

9/65: The CIH came, with 125 HP, Opel sign in the front-grille, not any longer at the front-fenders, but Admiral-sign there. No signs behind the back-doors any longer. On the truck the sign 2800 besides Admiral.

9/67: The 2800 HL came, with double tail-pipe and a different sign on the trunk. Safety-steering with a 3-spoke steering wheel. And the side stripes...

As far as I remember the vinyl-roof was available all the Years, but not very common...

Opelmeister
antispam: 4

Beitrag von Opelmeister » Di 27. Dez 2016, 01:06

I see. Thank you.

Antworten